Save your time, save your money and boost your business or career with Short Courses.
Our short courses are designed to help boost your knowledge and develop essential skills across a variety of business functionalities.
A short course is ideal if you are:
- Currently working and looking to develop essential skills to boost your career
- Looking to leap back into learning, but don’t have the time to commit to a full qualification
- A business owner looking to upskill your staff
What will I get out of a Short Course?
As a participant in a short course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment detailing the nationally recognised competencies you have achieved. The skills you learn can help you take the next step in your career or increase efficiencies within your business. You can also further your education by enrolling in a full qualification and gain credits for the units you have already completed.
What are the current Short Courses on offer?
Legal and Risk Management Requirements for Small Business
If you are new to running a small business, or if you’re researching options to start a small business, understanding your legal and risk management responsibilities makes more than good sense, it is imperative if you want to run a successful operation. Armed with the right information, you can make confident choices and protect yourself from common business failings.
Extreme weather events, fire or other unexpected issues can ravage a business, and many business owners realise too late that they don’t have a “plan B” to keep their businesses operating. Don’t let unpreparedness ruin your chances of success!
This short course covers:
- the range of business structures available and how to choose the right option for your circumstances.
- online links to help you easily find information laws and regulations that will affect your business.
- how to set up and manage simple systems to make sure you meet your legal responsibilities.
- how to register your business.
- whether you should register for GST.
- a basic understanding of negotiating and arranging contracts.
- how to identify and plan for risks that might affect your business, including contingency planning for unexpected events.
Included in the price of your short course is a comprehensive workbook and catering. It’s a small investment of time and money for a lot of protection and peace of mind! On successful completion of assessment activities, we will issue you with a Statement of Attainment in BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business.
Date: Monday 5 June 2017; 9.30am – 4.00pm
Cost: $179 including workbook, catering, assessment and optional tutorial support session.
How can I enrol?
To enrol in a short course please call 4942 3133 or email our staff.